Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ministry Tech Pre-event

Well, after a rather uneventful flight and a couple of missed roads in getting from the airport to our first destination, my new boss, Dan Harris, and I made it to Lifechurch.tv for the first of four local church tours. Each of the four churches we toured were distinct and I think there were takeaways from all of them.

More than anything, though, it was great to get reconnected with folks from past roundtable events as they started arriving in OKC. After the biggest loser contest many were in, it was hard to believe how much people's appearance had changed and really served as a motivation for me to get more serious about being a "big loser." I was in the contest but at times didn't show the most restraint so that although I lost weight, I did not come close to reaching my goals. I have about 20 lbs to go that I want to get to before my 20th wedding anniversary in July. After seeing other geeks get serious about weight loss, I need to do the same. That probably will not happen, though, until I get back to KC on Saturday....it is so hard eating healthy when you away from home at a conference!

I am looking forward to tomorrow's lineup of speakers and to visiting with the vendors represented at the conference. Hopefully I can get some notes posted tomorrow evening.

No comments: